Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I totally forgot that it was father's day last sunday. I failed to greet my husband, my dad and my friends. I feel so bad right now!!! I wish I can turn back the days and have my chance of greeting them again.

I have been living on my own (with my son and his yaya) for about three years now. My husband is in Singapore and he has been gone for the longest time. Not having a father figure at home might have caused my amnesia. My son was just year old when he left and now he is four. The last time I spoke with him, he has no idea when he is coming home.

I have noticed that television has not been advertising the "Happy Father's Day" occasion compared to Mother's Day. Are mothers more special? I'm not sure if you noticed the same thing. Television plays a big role with constantly reminding us of special celebrations within the family.

1 comment:

madz said...

Yes, I think mother's day had been advertised better than father's day. Probably because mothers are more showy about their care for their children?